Everyone does remember the time they last moved; all the hours of sweating it out, trying to pack and then again unpack. Were you able to find the right boxes that suited your need and if the move was some place out of town or the other side of the country; you just cannot imagine the hardships. Moving is no joke and it becomes tedious especially if you have a large family or/and pets. Everyone moves sometime or the other for reasons best known to them; some move for private reasons like a marriage or a live-in arrangement, sometimes it is a crisis or maybe even a death in the family. Whatever is the reason for all of us who dread the thought of moving from one place to the other; the only saving grace is movers who can give you peace of mind and help make your transition much easier.You may want to check out REAL RocknRoll Movers for more.
So what are the ways to get affordable movers?
The internet and the local phone book are swarming with details regarding movers and companies who help you in moving and finding an affordable one can be relatively simple since you have a choice.
1. Movers or moving companies are of two types; one is a flat rate mover and the other type charges by the hour.
2. There are some movers who charge flat rate and by the hour so make sure you find out these details before getting them over to assist you in moving.
3. To make a choice between flat rate mover and an hourly basis mover depends on how far you have to move.
4. If you need to re-locate to a location that is cross-country a flat rate mover is the best option for you. Nevertheless, make sure that you get more than one quote to decide which is affordable for you.
5. When looking for a list of affordable movers remember to get the detailed list of services they provide.
6. It is wise to ask the movers or moving companies whether they would be bringing in everything to help you move or would you have to fend for the boxes, tapes and other packing paraphernalia yourself.
7. If someone in your neighborhood has moved in recently, you can get details of the movers from them and check if it suits your budget and your requirements.
8. Probing can help you decide if the affordable mover that you have confirmed has a good track record. You can get details of his previous dealings from the BBB.
9. DOT requires that your mover has a worker’s compensation insurance, find out if your mover has one.
10. Last but not the least; get references. Call previous customers of the movers to make sure you are dealing with a genuine company.